From: Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2024 10:11 AM
To: Derrick Lobo <derrick.lobo%givex.com@localhost>
Cc: pms-dev%outlook.com@localhost; netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: EXT MAIL : Re: USB install is slow

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 01:31:26PM +0000, Derrick Lobo wrote:
> I have reproduced this issue on multiple servers with the following
> cpus using the amd64 USB image on all of them takes 20 to 45 minutes
> which normally on netbsd9 took 3 minutes max to complete the USB
> install. None of our servers have CD/DVD

It would be really suprising if any of that CPUs would make a difference.

Have you tried a different USB stick?

It is still totally unclear where your machines spends all the time. Instead of installation you could benchmark reading the sets first, something
like:

	time cat /mnt/.../base.tar.xz > /dev/null

and compare that with 9.x numbers.

Martin