Re: NetBSD Localization

On Sun, 25 Feb 2024, Valery Ushakov wrote:

Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:19:50 +0300
From: Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost>
To: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: NetBSD Localization

On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 13:42:55 +0100, Martin Neitzel wrote:

I can use setxkbmap in X to change the input language. If I am in text
mode and not in X how can I switch the input language?

See wsconsctl(8), in particular the first example there.

I guess the question is not about setting the layout, but switching
between say latin and cyrillic within one layout.

Hi, If you don't want to change the keyboard layout then you need
an input system capable of typing the language you are interested
in. And a font with those characters. And a character encoding
compatible with wscons. If I remember correctly mlterm has wscons
support, you could use that with emacs and get unicode support plus
several input systems. Remember to configure a suitable font for
mlterm. I haven't tryed that though, ask for advise in the list.

adr