Re: firewall by mac address, ignore in dhcpd?

> On 15 Dec 2023, at 16:29, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> For reasons that are not clear, I am seeing packets from hosts that
> should be on the vlan also appear on wm0, and I want dhcpd to ignore
> those.   I think this may be a Unifi bug.

Try disabling VLAN hardware tagging on the wm(4) interface. It’s enabled by default:

  ifconfig wm0 -vlan-hwtagging

My understanding is that wm(4) auto-strips the VLAN tag from the packet before it’s tapped off by bpf(4), so dhcpd(8) gets to see the packets twice; once on wm(4) and again on the vlan(4) interface.

I have the same issue on my setup, but it doesn’t seem to cause any problems so I just live with it.

Steve