Re: buildworld failure due to md5 not supported by openssl3

I just did an alpha build as follows.   The -V's are what's in your mk.conf I
believe (with MKKERBEROS=yes and USE_KERBEROS=yes) and it worked without issue.

The build host is close enough to yours (kernel is 10.99.10 but that's
irrelevant - userland is HEAD from before -10 was branched, but not all
that long before).

The sources don't have the Makefile change that would allow building with
MKKERBEROS=no so I didn't try that.

         build.sh command:    build.sh -j 16 -V MKATF=no -V MKCLEANSRC=yes -V MK
CLEANVERIFY=yes -V MKCOMPAT=no -V MKCVS=yes -V MKDEBUGLIB=no -V MKDOC=yes -V MKD
TRACE=no -V MKGDB=no -V MKHOSTOBJ=no -V MKHTML=no -V MKINFO=no -V MKIPFILTER=no
-V MKISCSI=yes -V MKKERBEROS=yes -V USE_KERBEROS=yes -V MKLDAP=no -V USE_LDAP=no
 -V MKLVM=no -V MKMANZ=yes -V MKMDNS=no -V MKNOUVEAUFIRMWARE=no -V MKNPF=yes -V
MKPF=no -V MKPOSTFIX=yes -V MKPROFILE=no -V MKRADEONFIRMWARE=no -V MKREPRO=yes -
V MKRUMP=no -V MKX11=no -V MKX11FONTS=no -V MKX11MOTIF=no -V MKZFS=no -V MKYP=no
 -V USE_YP=no -V MKHESIOD=no -V USE_HESIOD=no -V MKPAM=yes -V USE_PAM=yes -V MKS
KEY=no -V USE_SKEY=no -m alpha -D /release/testing/alpha -O /usr/obj/testing/alp
ha -R /local/snap/20231123-testing-10.99.10-alpha -T /usr/obj/testing/tools -X /
readonly/release/testing/src/xsrc -u -x iso-image
         build.sh started:    Thu Nov 23 20:04:16 +07 2023
         NetBSD version:      10.99.10
         MACHINE:             alpha
         MACHINE_ARCH:        alpha
         Build platform:      NetBSD 10.99.10 amd64
         HOST_SH:             /bin/sh
         getenv MAKECONF:     /dev/null
         MAKECONF file:       /dev/null
         TOOLDIR path:        /usr/obj/testing/tools
         DESTDIR path:        /release/testing/alpha
         RELEASEDIR path:     /local/snap/20231123-testing-10.99.10-alpha
         Updated makewrapper: /usr/obj/testing/tools/bin/nbmake-alpha
         MKREPRO_TIMESTAMP    Wed Nov 22 14:51:55 UTC 2023
         Successful make iso-image
         build.sh ended:      Thu Nov 23 20:06:04 +07 2023

While I use '-u' (update build) this is the first alpha build I've
done in decades I think (certainly the first on this system) so
everything was clean to start with (no .o files, no .d (dependency)
files, I had to actually mkdir the target (DESTDIR) directory - so
that was certainly empty).

So one thing to check is that while you didn't seem to be doing an
update build, so everything should have been cleaned before it
started, you might want to try making certain of that by manually
cleaning it all (rm -fr on relevant directories) and trying again.
It is possible that the change of MKKERBEROS allowed something to
not get properly cleaned, which later messed up the build.

kre

ps: I actually did a release build - rather than the same as yours,
not really by design, but just because that's what I normally always
do, and I didn't think to change it!   I was expecting the build to
fail the way you reported, so I didn't thing it would make any
real difference.