Re: [cross]compiling world and mk.conf

On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 01:02:12PM +0100, Ede Wolf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am heading for my first cross compile, but reading chapter 33 or man
> make/release, I am having one principal problem of understanding:
>
> Of course, if I have a central machine to cross compile for different hosts,
> I am having a different mk.conf for each remote host or host
> group/architecture. From CFLAGS to different build options, like .f.e.
> MKINFO
>
> But I have not been able to find a means to tell make build or build.sh the
> location of mk.conf they shall use for that particular build.

That is simple (but not obvious):

	-V MAKECONF=..../mk.conf

Probably not very usefull side remark here: I never had the need for
different mk.conf files per build or architecture (but don't let that stop
you!)

Alternatively you can use conditionals in mk.conf, like:

.if ${MACHINE} == "sparc"
CFLAGS+= -mcpu=v8 -mtune=supersparc
.endif

or