Re: rc.local nightmare

Hi

On 10/29/23 20:43, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sun, Oct 29, 2023 at 08:39:54PM +0100, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
Hi all,

I am using a raspberrypi and NetBSD 10-BETA and as we all know the flaky
bwfm wifi driver is not very stable. Sometimes network fails and "ifconfig
bwfm0 down" and "ifconfig bwfm0 up" does not fix it, so the raspberrypi
remains unreachable from SSH, needing a physical reboot.

I have written a little script that checks ping to a known site and reboots
the machine if it fails after several retries:

netbsd-nuc# cat /etc/rc.local

#	$NetBSD: rc.local,v 1.32 2008/06/11 17:14:52 perry Exp $
#	originally from: @(#)rc.local	8.3 (Berkeley) 4/28/94
#
# This file is (nearly) the last thing invoked by /etc/rc during a
# normal boot, via /etc/rc.d/local.
#
# It is intended to be edited locally to add site-specific boot-time
# actions, such as starting locally installed daemons.
#
# An alternative option is to create site-specific /etc/rc.d scripts.
#

echo -n 'Starting local daemons:'

# Add your local daemons here, eg:
#
#if [ -x /path/to/daemon ]; then
#	/path/to/daemon args
#fi

if [ -x /root/nettest ]; then
	/root/nettest &
fi

maybe:
nohup /root/nettest &
?

Thanks so much Manuel. I have just tested and it does not work. /root/nettest dies after several seconds.

Regards.