Re: NetBSD 10 Beta: Updating The Base System

Em ter, 2023-10-10 às 11:24 -0500, Jay F. Shachter escreveu:
> Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Michael van Elst would write on Thu Sep 28 17:00:48 2023:
>

> > netbsd-10 got a second flag day, first when updating openssl, second
> > when bumping versions of dependent libraries.
> >
> > The packages are being rebuilt and you should also update the base
> > system.
> >

> Please forgive my ignorance; how do I update my NetBSD 10 Beta system?
> And does my PKG_PATH variable remain
> http://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/10.0/All or
> do I now change it to something else?  Thank you in advance for any
> and all replies.
>
> 	Jay F. Shachter
> 	6424 North Whipple Street
> 	Chicago IL  60645-4111
> 		(1-773)7613784   landline
> 		(1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
>                 http://m5.chicago.il.us
> 		jay%m5.chicago.il.us@localhost
>
> 	"But when she traced the killer's IP address ... it was in the 192.168/16 block!"

or you can update from my distribution...
export PKG_PATH=http://netbsd.k1.com.br/NetBSD-x86_64-10.0/packages
the X server used is modular-xorg it is built around the mate-desktop
in my desktop it runs zfs... but for sure run ufs too..

there are about 1632 packages...from pkgsrc-2023Q2 that is about all you need to really
use NetBSD... it is wise to delete all pkgs  =>  pkg_delete -f '*' reboot,
than install new packages =>  pkg_add -Uv mate-lzt
edit /etc/rc.conf according... and reboot

in /etc/rc.conf.... choose hostname & domainname

flushroutes=NO
smartd=YES
sshd=YES
ntpd=YES