How to get some needed binaries for vintage NetBSD 1.5.3 installation (to prepare a system update to NetBSD 9.3)

I am trying to update a MicroVAX 3100, running an old NetBSD 1.5.3. Idea was to add NetBSD 9.3 on another disk.

So I attached an additional hard drive to the machine and wanted to partition that disk and create filesystems on  it. On one partition I wanted to put the NetBSD installation and boot from that drive then.

My problem now is, on that 1.5.3 installation, there is no fdisk, no mkfs, no bsdlabel. I checked the installations tgz files located here https://archive.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-archive/NetBSD-1.5.3/vax/binary/sets/, but these also do not contain these tools. But they are required to create the partitions and file systems I want to use for installation.

From where can I get these files to continue my installation of NetBSD 9.3 ?

I am  restricted in my options for the installation, I have harddisk, cdrom and maybe floppy(not tested). With cdrom I've already failed, because MicroVAX console boot loader seems to have problems with either the drive or the ISO image containing NetBSD 9.3 I've used (ISO was downloaded from https://ftp.fau.de/netbsd/NetBSD-9.3/iso/NetBSD-9.3-vax.iso )

So my question is, from where can I get or compile 1.5.3 versions of fdisk and mkfs. I saw there is newfs, which may replace mkfs. But fdisk still seems missing. I saw also in doc a tool required named bsdlabel, but there is a tools called disklabel, which may be an older version of bsdlabel...

Or is there an easier way to do it? Any help welcome

gcc is present on the 1.5.3 installation, so I may be able to compile from sources, but I am NetBSD starter and do not even know where the source would come from. The tool pkgsrc is also not present on the 1.5.3 installation.

(I am a NetBSD beginner. But using Linux for +30 years, so both newbie and old rabbit).

Dennis