Re: debug1: mac 0x0, -1 -1 error

> On Sep 6, 2023, at 6:40 AM, Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost> wrote:
>
> Suddenly, on one of my NetBSD servers, I am getting the following error with every keystroke on an ssh connection:
>
> debug1: mac 0x0, -1 -1
>
> I’ve never seen this.  Any idea what this means?

It turns out this was from an ssh -v connection, which apparently is logging more than on any other system I have used ssh -v on; normally it just logs the authentication exchange.  I guess I’ll have to see why that is different, but at least I have an idea of where to start.

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers,
Brook