Using cross compiler created by build.sh

I am building software that targets an Arm board.  When the OS is NetBSD, I can use the cross-compiler created by build.sh to build software for the board.

However, I also need to build software for the same board but a different OS, e.g., Debian.  Can I use the same compiler?  Is pointing it to the appropriate headers/libraries with -I/-L sufficient?  Are there other tricks?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook