Re: would anybody use binary packages for NetBSD/i386 10?

Hi David,

David Brownlee wrote:
I also think there are a potentially interesting (if small) set of
people who would like a desktop with minimal web browser on an older
32bit x86 system, and NetBSD + ArcticFox pretty much delivers on that

nice to see ArcticFox mentioned!
Indeed, I use it on an OpenBSD workstation with a Pentium 4 HT and on a Thinkpad R52 with Gentoo Linux and ArcticFox delives still a very tood browsing experience for wikipedia, netbsd.org and other quick lookups. Not a daily browsing system, but enough to consult the web, get development stuff, consult CVS diffs, ecc. Very handy. But to get AF building a whole need of dependencies is needed which is good to have ready. [*]

I also have ArcticFox on an almost identical Thinkpad with NetBSD, but there is usable, but less pleasant to use. I guess it is the inferior video card, but it should be analyzed.

Riccardo

[*] Except github and gitlab which now are extremely web browser demanding, unfortunately.