Re: support for 802.11n?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2023, 8:27 pm Jörn Clausen, <joernc%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:

> What is the state of support for 802.11n in NetBSD?
>
> Between the NetBSD Guide, the Networking FAQ and the Wiki, it is a little bit hard to assess the current state of affairs with regard to 802.11n. The Wiki mentions "the new Wifi stack", but it is not entirley clear if this a current work in project or stale - and if this project would actually bring support for 11n.
>
> I would like to use iwm(4) with mode 11n. Is this on any roadmap in the foreseeable future?
>
> --
> Joern Clausen
> https://www.oe-files.de/photography/

Hi,

11n does work on both the old and new wifi stacks (the latter is in
progress) with at least some drivers.  11ng (2.4 GHz) works and I
think 11na (5 GHz) does also (at least I think it does on the new
stack).  Have you tried it?  ifconfig will report the current mode.

It looks like iwm(4) does support it.

Jeandre