Re: Failed on boot kde4

On Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 09:05:22PM +0800, ykla wrote:
> I encountered a problem when installing netbsd+kde4. I can enter the kdm
> interface, but after entering the password and pressing enter, the screen
> goes black and I can only see the mouse cursor.

This means your session did not run and there are no X clients connected
to the (apparently working) X server.

I don't know about kdm, but usually there is a log file in your home
directory capturing the errors from the session startup script - you need
to find out how that is called and check its content.

E.g. for me (using xdm and xfce4) it is

	~/.xsession

that is executed to start the session and

	~/.xsession-errors

has the stderr output of it.

Martin