Re: One-wire temperature sensors

I use the owtemp and gpioow drivers all of the time with a ds18b20 clone device on a number of raspberry pi. The instructions on how to hook one of those up physically are all over the internet. When attached they will show up in envstat. You probably will have to compile a custom kernel.

They work well, but the reads are quiet slow, taking almost a second to read the chip. Further there appear to.be a number of features that the owtemp driver does not expose, such as the resolution of the read. Neither of those are fatal to my use case.

The man pages for owtemp, gpioow, and gpio (the attach section) should provide enough information on what needs to be done on the NetBSD side.

Brad