Re: Call for testing: Diagnostics for broken downloads from NetBSD.org CDN

riastradh%NetBSD.org@localhost (Taylor R Campbell) writes:

>We've been hearing reports of intermittent issues with broken partial
>downloads via our content delivery network, Fastly, from
>cdn.NetBSD.org, nycdn.NetBSD.org, and/or archive.NetBSD.org,
>particularly of large files like the installer images.

Fastly caches data in segments:

https://docs.fastly.com/en/guides/segmented-caching

If some segments of a file can be fetched from the backend
and others cannot, fastly will deliver a partial file and
return an error. For a complete file all segments must have
been fetched and cached succssfully.

This can easily happen with a backend that applies a connection
rate limit. And so it does....