Re: CentOS emulation

At the moment im experimenting some 3D stuff under the centos emulation layer but on freebsd. Maya 3d works,blender works,unreal engine does not. amule does not....would be intetesting to compare it with the centoz on netbsd.

Il dom 11 giu 2023, 11:17 Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> ha scritto:
Fekete Zoltán <fekete.zoltan%minux.hu@localhost> writes:

> I want to experiment with CentOS on my NetBSD box. Is it enough if I
> set up kernel, /proc, /dev, then copy the contents of /etc and /lib64
> from a real CentOS installation over /linux/emul? Is there any further
> specific task I should consider?

/emul/linux, not the other way around.

You might want /usr/bin from a minimal system, if you are running things
that want Linux-flavored tools.

Not sure it's enough, but it sounds like the right path to head down.
netbsd-10 is better than 9, surely and current better still if there are
newish or just newly-encountered-in-netbsd-emul syscalls.  You might
have to implement some more.