Re: Prob watching DVDs

On Mon 05 Jun 2023 at 11:03:59 +0000, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> I just installed 'libdvdcss' -- prob is now fixed.
>
> Why the diff between VLC and XINE?
> I have on DVD that crashes VLC. This thing works with XINE.

I seem to have lots of problems with VLC on NetBSD, so I stopped even
trying if it worked a while ago. If it doesn't work right for you
either, it is probably not worth the trouble; just use another player.
Personally I like mpv. It has no GUI and maybe you need to get used to
the keyboard commands, but it can play pretty much anything.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose