Re: TOTP apps, and WebAuthn recommended devices?

On Thu 23 Mar 2023 at 09:51:17 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> 2FA is increasingly required, which is fine, but I wonder about
> strategies for coping as a NetBSD user.
>
> One thing is TOTP.  There are Android apps from f-droid (which suits me
> but not everyone), and there is vaultwarden which should allow bitwarden
> to do TOTP.  I wonder if there are good TOTP programs in pkgsrc and what
> people recommend.

There is KeePassXC (security/keepassxc) which is much like the Bitwarden
"desktop app" (except it is not a web service, just a local Qt program
with a database in the file system). It can also do TOTP.

I'm using the Mac version for work, and also Bitwarden for company-wide
secret sharing (which was introduced later, which is why I don't have
everything in one system).

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto