Feladó: RVP <rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost>
Dátum: 2023 január 19 12:44:25
Tárgy: Re: sending/receiving UTF-8 characters from terminal to program
Címzett: r0ller <r0ller%freemail.hu@localhost>

On Wed, 18 Jan 2023, r0ller wrote:

> echo néz|flookup magyar.fst
>
> it results in:
>
> néz     +?
>
> However, when passing the string as:
>
> echo néz|flookup magyar.fst
>
> I get a successful analysis:
>
> néz    +swConsonant+néz[stem]+CON
> néz    +swConsonant+néz[stem]+CON+Nom
> néz    néz[stem]+Verb+IndefSg3

That should work--and it does. With a just compiled flookup (from
foma-0.9.18.tar.gz in the link you provided, and the .fst file got
by googling):

```
$ uname -a
NetBSD x202e.localdomain 9.3_STABLE NetBSD 9.3_STABLE (GENERIC) #0: Sat Jan 7 15:04:01 UTC 2023 mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64
$ export LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
$ export LC_CTYPE=hu_HU.UTF-8
$ export LC_MESSAGES=hu_HU.UTF-8
$ /tmp/F/bin/flookup -v
flookup 1.03 (foma library version 0.9.18alpha)
$ echo néz | /tmp/F/bin/flookup alice-master/hi_android/foma/magyar.fst
néz +swConsonant+néz[stem]+CON
néz +swConsonant+néz[stem]+CON+Nom
néz néz[stem]+Verb+IndefSg3

$ echo néz | /tmp/F/bin/flookup alice-master/hi_android/foma/magyar.fst
néz +?

$
```

-RVP