Re: NetBSD-10.0_BETA: clock: unknown CMOS layout

On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 02:48:25PM +0500, Dmitrii Postolov wrote:
> Hi to All! Sorry for my bad English...
>
> $ uname -a
> NetBSD aspire9.localnet 10.0_BETA NetBSD-10.0_BETA (GENERIC) #0: Fri Dec 23
> 12:41:20 +05 2022 root@aspire9.localnet:/root/sysbuild/amd64/obj/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
> amd64
>
> On boot of NetBSD-10.0_BETA the message "clock: unknown CMOS layout" is
> printed. There is no this message at boot on NetBSD-9.x.
>
> Photo of screen: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/ashqmg563zGemQ
>
> The hardware: PC Acer Aspire XC-895 Intel Core i5-10400

Modern machines not always have the "pc compatible" parts like the cmos/clock
or keyboard/mouse connector, but replace them with (typically) i2c connected
devices. Windows stopped requiring that level of hardware compatibility some
time ago and manufactures (naturally) use the new options.

Parts of the "fallout" is hidden by ACPI glue.

We are lacking a few drivers in that area, I see the same when booting
NetBSD on my wife's notebook. Older NetBSD versions just did not print the
message (but the CMOS/clock did not work any better with them).

Martin