Devpubd - possible to automatically adjust permissions for zvol device nodes?

Hello,

under /dev/zvol/rdsk/pool/ there are device nodes for zvols created under ZFS. These are created automatically when the ZFS module is loaded (if not present) and are given the 600 root/wheel permission by default.

How can I set the permission, owner, and group during creation?

Devpubd looked like an obvious option - I had put a hook script there. However, apparently creating the ZVOLs doesn't generate a devpubd event, even though /etc/rc.d/zfs depends on it. Can anyone confirm this, or have I done something wrong?

In case this is not feasible with devpubd - what other options are there? My workaround for now would be to build a quick and dirty rc-script that loads after ZFS and overwrites the permissions in said /dev subdirectory at system startup.

Many greetings
Matthias