Raid and UEFI

I currently have a server which has the boot and data disks mirrored using
raidframe. The O/S filesystems (/, /usr, /var) are all located in raid0a on
wd0/wd1. data is located 1n raid1a on wd2/wd3. wd0/wd1 layout is standard mbr
and both disks have bootblocks so the system will boot off either disk. This
arrangement has worked well for years and (touch wood!) I have never had any
issues despite disks failing.

I was pondering switching to UEFI and was trying to work out if a similar
redundant setup is even possible. I can gpt label each wd0/wd1 and put an
msdos filesystem on dk0 - but what to do with the rest of the disk? Do I
create a dk1 partition and make it a raid volume and then gpt label the raid
partition to form the /, /usr, /var areas. Will the bootstrap process be able
to handle the fact that dk1 is a raid volume and it needs to look inside to
find the root filesystem etc.

Dave