Re: Local-only (non-ip) rpcbind(8)?

On 11/18/22 6:54 PM, Michael van Elst wrote:
When you specify hosts, rpcbind automatically adds 127.0.0.1 to the
list of addresses, thus the duplicate.

Yes, I got about that far, before coming here.  ;)

Here is what rpbind does:

-> bind to local transport
         nconf = getnetconfigent("local");
         init_transport(nconf);

-> bind to all visible transports configured
         while ((nconf = getnetconfig(nc_handle))) {
                 if (nconf->nc_flag & NC_VISIBLE) {
if (ipv6_only == 1 &&

And here is where I naively would insert a commandline option flag to disable all things non-local. Unless something like that already exists, and I just didn't see it.

                             strcmp(nconf->nc_protofmly,"inet") == 0) {
                             /* DO NOTHING */
                         } else
                                 init_transport(nconf);
                 }
         }
         endnetconfig(nc_handle);

Thanks,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344