Re: Upgrade 9.2->9.3 amd64 issues - device not configured

Hi Robert.

Robert Elz wrote:
Unless there is something wrong, nothing.    On a 9.x system you don't
need any boot code updates with upgrades, so not having one done is
harmless.

The error you saw is harmless (to you), there is nothing to fix.

perhaps harmless, but the installer appears to halt

1) upgrade
2) choose wd0
3) command fails -> continue
4) try mounting it anyway?

if no, installer halts, which is what I always answered.

if yes, i get another error on sd0e, then continue again.... and then indeed I was able to continue, install... and upgrade and get a usable, updated 9.3. Boot manager is correctly BIOS 9.3... all looks fine

You must admit it is not exactly user friendly. Can you or Martin file a bug giving a description of what is happening? I tihnk I understood but not enough to write a bug report. Put me in CC, so I can follow it.

about how 9.3 performs here, I'll report later.

Thanks!

Riccardo