Using sysutils/podman on NetBSD

On NetBSD 9.2 amd64 I have installed podman from pkgsrc.

I see the following message:

    You will need to build a kernel with options HZ=1000, or edit the
    created VM to append "noapic" to the Grub command line.

I tried creating a machine (machine init, machine start). It seems to
download fedora coresos 36 and start the machine but get stucks at the
"Waiting for VM" prompt. "machine ssh" fails to connect to it.

Does this relate with above message?

To append noapic to grub, do I need to loop-mount the qcow2 images of the
VM and how to do that?

--
Mayuresh