Re: Does any common mortals here (not programmers or sysads) use NetBSD as their daily productivity driver?

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 12:05:18PM +0000, nia wrote:
> Increasingly, this is a world where you can get by _without_ using a
> desktop computer. That ship sailed in the 2010s.

Curious about how commonplace that perspective is.

Speaking for myself, and possibly in minority (that sailed with the
ship!), 99% of my work happens on a `computer' (desktop/laptop, often as a
terminal connecting me to a server). In fact when I have to deal with
mobile, for anything other than calls, I do it from a desktop either over
scrcpy (UI) or ssh (CLI).

The comfort comes from the form factor of the full keyboard and large
monitor, which is simply unmatched on a mobile.

--
Mayuresh