Re: Does any common mortals here (not programmers or sysads) use NetBSD as their daily productivity driver?

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 05:16:37PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:

> - Laptop touchpad behaving erratically. (Workaround is to use external
>   mouse - if that is workable. However even little unintentional touch can
>   irk the touchpad.)

For this one can you please do the following:

1) grep pms /var/run/dmesg.boot

2) set hw.synaptics.debug=30  and do some simple movements that
demonstrate the erratic behaviour.

Send me the output from both (number 2 will be in the /var/log/messages)
and I will have a look at what is going wrong.

You can turn off the trackpad using hw.synaptics.movement_enable=0

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",