A simple POSIX.1 utility to create a xlsx package

Context: I needed to allow users to visualize and explore a sequence
of records (tables), so that they could use existing software to
manipulate them. They are mainly professional users using MS
Office software, and having, of course, also browsers.

Hence I first wrote an utility processing a CSV with a text
specification about the header and the presentation (spanning columns or
rows; assigning colors to header and to different rows) in HTML (a pure
POSIX.2 script).

Since they have MS Office and there is an open specification (Office
Open) for Excel, I chose to provide a .xlsx file and searched for some
existing software to take a CSV and a text spec about the presentation
to achieve the thing but found nothing matching without depending on MB
of software if not GB.

So I ended up reading a 6000 pages specification and writing a
POSIX.2 (except for zip(1) required for packaging) script doing
the job. And this is 31218 bytes (including comments).

I do not consider this to be rocket science and I'd like to share but:

1) Is there some place where such small utilities can be provided, being
understood that the author (me in this case) does not engage to do
anywork on it (unless I want to) and user should not ask?

2) Is there also, for such place, the specification that any improvement
provided shall not in any case bring dependencies or fat, and that
POSIX.2 (here) is the aim? I accept fat only in brain cells, and
not in muscles. And this is why I like NetBSD so far (and why I
have forked C.E.R.L. GRASS; why I have created kerTeX etc.).

TIA
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/