log1pl missing?

In numpy built via pip (because that's how you have to run
homeassistant), it fails with a complaint about log1pl.

POSIX says this is part of C99, and was added to POSIX in Issue 6:

  https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/log1pl.html

The lack of it was noted 5 years ago:

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2017/07/21/msg019960.html

libm.a on netbsd-9 has:

  0000000000000000 T log1pf
  0000000000000000 T log1p

and I see the same in my current destdir build (with netbsd-9 nm :-).

But math.h:

  double  log1p(double);
  float   log1pf(float);
  long double     log1pl(long double);

Has anyone else been having this problem?

Any reason I shouldn't just define it and call log1p, not worrying about
those extra bits, to get around this (in my local build)?

Anyone up for doing it right?