Re: ifwatchd(8) and interface carrier changes

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 09:24:46 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Buf if there is a usefull application we could add an option to
> ifwatchd to poll it from userland (with a configurable timer). I don't
> see any obvious use for that though - Hauke, do you have one?

I see that the ethernet interface (wm(4) in this case) keeps the IP
configuration when the carrier goes away and the wifi interface is
being brought up, which leads to confusion in my setup. Since both
interfaces are in different subnets, the machine cannot reach the LAN
subnet via Wifi.

That could be mitigated by just downing wm(4), or - more convoluted -
by manually clearing the routes on it. The former feels more
straightforward.

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344