Re: Expanding email aliases

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20220726174554.l93yH%steffen%sdaoden.eu@localhost>:
 |Martin Neitzel wrote in
 | <20220726172558.1760B34893%marshlabs-mx.gaertner.de@localhost>:
 ||SB> Is there a simple way of expanding an email alias, [...]
 |I was short of suggesting s-nail (the MUA i maintain), but for one
 |the package was not updated to the long current v14.9.24, then we
 |only support a subset of postfix aliases(5)
 |and then this mail made me realize that we support the desired
 |functionality for Mail aliases, but not for MTA aliases; the
 |I was in implementing it in the other window.

So i did that (recursive resolve of a given MTA alias) for s-nail
v14.10 and gave you credit with above name and email, i hope this
is ok, please scream if not.

  Unfortunately, while implementing it, i found a dictionary
  iterator bug that makes `mtaalias' as released flaky as it will
  potentially store the pointer to a wrong alias name in its
  name<->expansion map (it stores the pointer into dict[*][0], not
  to the actual node which is not necessarily [0] but could also
  be [1..X-1]), which is why the test did not catch the bug.

 |(It is not _so_ trivial to implement postfix aliases(5).)

That too.

--steffen