NVIDIA graphics & Nouveau drivers

G'Day,

I've got myself a PC (donated to me) with the following hardware:
Intel i5-9400f cpu
ASRock Intel B365M-HDV MoBo
MSI (NVIDIA) GT-710 Graphics Card

I plan on booting NetBSD (of course) but I wondered about the graphics
card and whether or not it'll be worth using it or not. I could be
entirely missinformed but I read somewhere that the Nouveau drivers only
allow NVIDIA cards to run at their base clock speed which, in many cases
isn't very high, and that it is sometimes better to use the MoBo's inbuild
graphics instead.

I don't plan to do any graphics intensive stuff like gaming or video
editing etc. I do however, plan to buy myself a decent 1440p monitor at
some stage and would like to have smooth playback of video streams. So,
I'm just seeking some advise from people who run NetBSD on a desktop
system with NVIDIA cards.

Thanks,
~pfr