Re: LTFS support for HP tape drive devices

> From: "Brett Lymn" <blymn%internode.on.net@localhost> To: "Colo Colo" <colo%pobox.sk@localhost> Date: 14.07.2022 00:21

 >It doesn't appear like LTFS is supported at all but if anyone is
 >motivated to do the implementation I can help out with testing I have
 >LTO 2 and LTO 4 tape drives.

 >--
 >Brett Lymn
 >--

 There is LTFS package for NetBSD:
 https://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/filesystems/ltfs/index.html

 You cannot test LTFS with LTO 2 or LTO 4 drives, because LTO 5 and higher is needed for LTFS (because the drive needs to support partitioning)

 As far a I know FreeBSD LTFS package supports IBM and Dell drives but not HP drives.

 I have managed LTFS to work with HP drives with Debian 10 and 11 Linux by applying patches from net and my own patches.

 But I am new to BSD, and the question is, if it is possible to combine LTFS for NetBSD &amp; LTFS for FreeBSD &amp; Linux source packages to make LTFS works with HP drives on NetBSD or FreeBSD