Re: how to limit /etc/daily to local only, and cleasring bad nfs

On 18/06/2022 14:33, Steve Blinkhorn wrote:
Some off-list discussion has clarified matters.  The fundamental problem is that nfs
mounts are not restored automatically when an nfs server is rebooted - and that
may happen automatically so the sysadmin is unaware.

Ah that's probably why I don't run into it. I have one server that's rarely down. So even if the client hit the mount points after it had been down the connection is likely to re-establish quickly in my setup.

Good to know. Thanks.

Mike