Re: how to limit /etc/daily to local only, and cleasring bad nfs mounts

mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost (Mike Pumford) writes:

>I've got 2 BSD system both 9.2-STABLE one of which provides an NFS /home
>and a few other odd paths as well to the other. The /etc/daily process
>on the client isn't scanning the server filesystems in my setup and I'm
>not aware of any specific setting I had to turn on to get that behaviour.

find will lstat() the mountpoint and decide not to enter it. The lstat()
operation however may hang if the NFS server is down.

Depending on mount options, it will either time out (soft mount) or
wait indefinitely for the server to come back (hard mount). You need
to mount interruptibly, so that you can kill the client process,
otherwise it may be stuck until reboot like with a damaged hard drive.

The default is a hard, but non-interruptible mount.