Re: how to limit /etc/daily to local only, and cleasring bad nfs mounts

More by chance than from a deep understanding of the issue, I found a
way of restoring sanity when this happens. As superuser:

1. pkill -9 sendmail tee /bin/sh
2. on each server providing nfs service: nfsd -r

Step 1 just speeds everything up - Step 2 might resolve the issue on
its own, but could take quite some time if there is a backlog of
stalled processes.  I went from around 660 processes per affected
server to around 66.  I wish I were clearer about the relationship
between nfsd, mount_nfs and rpcbind, because of the implications of a
server auto-rebooting after, say, a power cut, when there is
significant nfs service between sites.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>