Re: Adding Raidframe to existent GPT system

    Date:        Mon, 9 May 2022 18:02:47 +0200
    From:        Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>

  |            34         2014         Unused
  |          2048        65536      1  GPT part - EFI System

There's no good reason to align an EFI partition is there?
Those 2014 unused blocks would serve a more useful purpose
being included in that partition.

  |         67584  11720976384      2  GPT part - NetBSD RAIDFrame component

That one should be (and is) aligned.

  | The two (identical) EFI partitions are not strictly needed (one would
  | do), but my theory was to allow booting from either disk if one of them
  | fails completely.

That makes sense, assuming you're using EFI booting.  But even if you
had only one, you'd want something of that size on the other drive
to keep them approx identical.   A second efi partition is better
than just more unused space.

It would be nice if the EFI partition could be in the raidframe,
but GPT doesn't allow overlapping partitions - if it did we could
put the EFI partition inside the raidframe, and then just make
the outer GPT partition table EFI partition refer to the same
section of the drive.

kre