Re: WiFi on NetBSD

Hello Ottavio,

   OC> I may be mistaken but I used to use 5 Ghz wifi on NetBSD circa
     > 2015.  Am I talking of the same thing?  There should be a post
     > of mine about this on tech.kernlevel@ or whatever it's called.

    5 GHz is part of what I mean but not the whole picture.  802.11a
supports up to 54 Mbits/second on a single 20 MHz channel.  Later
standards such as 802.11n and 802.11ac have the potential for higher
throughput through a combination of new encodings, wider channels
and running multiple radio signals.  802.11ax also adds support for
channels in a 6 GHz band.

    For almost everything I do with WiFi, 802.11a is sufficient
today.  Hopefully networks will continue to retain backwards
compatibility with 802.11a devices.

Thanks,
  - Andy Ball