Re: Constant coredumps

Hello all

I wanted to give more detail of the crash dump of my problem.

I remember that i send the stack trace that i have gotton from crash to the list back in august.

The thing is this. I have a mouse that i switch on. This is a wireless mouse connected to the external usb hub. The hub is a cheap one and can be a problem. Anyways. I remember that the stacktrace had the usb HID device when it was connecting.

I first was switching on the mouse. Then running startx. Most of the time, the X server was freezing, and the ayatem was resetting. And after the reset the core dump was being saved. So i thought i should switch the mouse on after the X server and the WM started. Now there are no coredumps, or resetting the syatem related to this.

Also as Ignatios pointed out, maybe the system is not shut down properly. That might be one reason. I am no expert but ispecting the core would give more detail.

To restart or shutdown the system i use the shutdown command with -p to powerdown/shutdown and -r to restart the system.

Best Regards
Riza