NetBSD Linux emulation vis-à-vis FreeBSD's

Recently I had a requirement to run a Linux application, with some
dependencies on Linux packages. My attempt was to run it on NetBSD and if
not feasible at least a BSD.

I tried out Linux emulation on FreeBSD. With the debootstrap package you
get a complete Ubuntu environment on FreeBSD. Using apt I could install
all the dependencies  and the above requirement could be met quite
effortlessly.

I also saw some howtos that get chromium browser and even DRM working on
FreeBSD.

In principle, as NetBSD does have Linux emulation, I thought, all of this
should be possible on NetBSD as well. But why don't we get it that
seamlessly on NetBSD?

Can we not have an equivalent of debootstrap and leave the Linux
installations to the user, than, for example, creating *-bin packages in
pkgsrc?

--
Mayuresh