Re: Ripping OLD CDs

Den Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:44:24 -0500
skrev Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost>:

> I have a mess of old CDs I want to get music from.
>
> The command I am using: "abcde -d /dev/rcd0d -o mp3"
>
> I get the result " ... may be a DATA CD"
>
> All these CDs were made between 1996 and 2002.
> ANY IDEAS? Thanks for any responses

I do not know that program. DESCR in pkgsrc describes it as a
frontend, and I don't know what the backend is.

However, I suggest fetching the most recent schilytools archive,
build/install and try to use cdda2wav from there. The cd/dvd related
programs in that package is what has worked best for me over the years.

--
Eivind Nicolay Evensen