Re: Fwd: netbsd on simh

hello Andy,

thanks for your anwer,

I configured simh for a mv3900,32mo ram, a ra92 and a cdrom,it is the configuration

that I had on a real vax,not powered since 20 years.I will install netbsd on a real vax,not the 3900 but on a 4000/100

as soon as I find a scsi hd ,I know I have a spare scsi disk,somewhere ,but where??

I recently installed netbsd 1.3.2 on a small portable pc,without x,only text mode,and I finally find unix very amusing,

 very stimulating for the brains after 30 years of vms...I like very much computers,even hardware for me it is a game

best regards

alain nierveze

Le 19/02/2022 à 18:33, Andrew Ball a écrit :
Hello Alain,

   AN> I have just installed netbsd v 9.2 on a small ultraportable
     > compaq pc running ubuntu 14.4 running simh running vax emulator.

NetBSD ballvax 9.2 NetBSD 9.2 (GENERIC) #0: Wed May 12 13:15:55 UTC
2021  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/vax/compile/GENERIC
vax

ra0 at mscpbus1 drive 0: RA92. /
ra1 at mscpbus1 drive 1: RA92 /home