Re: Playing DOOM/NEODOOM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 14:43, Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I found a came called NEODOOM that works with doomlegacy.
> After a certain amount of time it likes to slow to a crawl, and
> I need to stop to let things catch up. If I make the window smaller
> (640 x 480) it still does the same thing. NEODOOM alss has a lot
> of Hi Def weapons and explosions, etc. How do I know if the problem
> is the graphocs card, nouveau, or the game?
>
> Has anyone else played NEODOOM?

Random thoughts - could try running it in different ways to see what
triggers the slowdown:
- with the software legacy renderer vs the opengl one
- with/without sound disabled (if possible)
- with a standard doom wad vs neodoom
- with a VESA Xorg config vs nouveau (will be slow anyway, and may be
hard to tell if it gets slower)

David