Re: mount_union(8) vs. open(O_RDWR)

At Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:38:54 +0100, "J. Hannken-Illjes" <hannken%mailbox.org@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: mount_union(8) vs. open(O_RDWR)

> There are (up to) three vnodes involved:
>
> - The union vnode attached to the union mount.

Ah, OK, I think I understand.

Just to be sure:  Does that mean a vnode representing the "virtual"
object in the union filesystem itself?  I.e. the vnode resulting from a
namei() lookup within the namespace of the union filesystem?

> Operation union_access() reuses "vp", it starts as union vnode
> and then gets assigned the upper and then the lower vnode making
> this operation difficult to read.

Indeed, that code is unnecessarily obtuse.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>