Re: NetBSD alsa and its oss plugin

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 11:55:28AM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Unfortunately...
>
> The kernel patch is against -current sources? It didn't apply to -9,
> and I made the changes by hand. The alsa-plugin-oss patch didn't apply
> either, and left me completely befuddled (patches to patch file...), so
> I did my best to extract the relevant bits and hand-apply.

Yeh, the patch is against -current, I don't have anything that can record
audio running -9 any more.

> Patch files attached (patch-oss_pcm__oss.c in place of patch-ac), for
> comparison with your changes.

They look ok.

> The resulting kernel spits 'audio0(hdafg0): device timeout' messages.
> Unsurprisingly arecord(1) doesn't do a thing, and xoscope just hangs.

Quite weird, there's nothing there that would mess with the device
at all, we're just reading data from the mixer to get these statistics
for arecord. Are you sure the built kernel works without the patch?

Trying a current kernel might not be a bad idea, it's pretty stable
these days.