Re: FireFox versions for NETBSD-HEAD

>>> PKG_OPTIONS.rust+= rust-llvm
>>> RUST_TYPE=src
>>
>> 1.56.1 has just hit pkgsrc proper.
>
> Regarding the kinds of options noted above, where would a curious
> person go to read documentation for them? I have lines like the above
> in my /etc/mk.conf but I've forgotten for what purpose they were
> originally needed and/or intended.

Documentation?  :)

PKG_OPTIONS.rust+= rust-llvm

builds rust with the "internal" llvm shipped as part of the rust
source package, and does not rely on or use the pkgsrc (or base)
llvm (which would otherwise happen).

Rust 1.56.1 ships with llvm 13, which is newer than what we
currently have in pkgsrc (though that's being worked on, I hear),
although rust 1.56.1 builds with llvm 12 on NetBSD/amd64 and
NetBSD/i386 and appears to work as it should there.

lang/rust/options.mk would be the pkgsrc file which defines
this.

RUST_TYPE=src

is defined and documented in lang/rust/rust.mk.

Its meaning is: build rust from source, instead of skipping that
(it typically takes a Long time) and using the lang/rust-bin
package instead, which would happen if you set it to "bin".

Which reminds me that the rust-bin package should probably now be
updated as well...

Best regards,

- Håvard