Hooray for NetBSD-9.99.92-amd64-bios-install.img.gz

A couple of days ago I had my first experience with sysupgrade. Worked like a charm, all the way through etcupdate and postinstall.

Braced by this experience of getting something right, I decided to look into sysbuild, and in the process came across an amazing statement in:

http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/amd64/INSTALL.html

To wit:

"Note the amd64 architecture has two images, NetBSD-9.99.92-amd64-install.img.gz and NetBSD-9.99.92-amd64-bios-install.img.gz. The latter is intended for older hardware which is unable to boot using a hybrid MBR and GPT image."

And it works as advertised. I now have a USB stick that will boot my old machines right into sysinst.

Many thanks for this, NetBSD!

--
A person of great honour in Ireland (who was pleased to stoop so low as to look into my mind) used to tell me that my mind was like a conjured spirit, that would do mischief if I did not give it employment.
                                Jonathan Swift