Re: RAIDframe boot issues on amd64 (BIOS boot)

On 22.10.21 07:58, Matthias Petermann wrote:
## Questions

 - does anyone know what the output of @'s means? I could not derive this from the source code of the bootxx_ffsv2 unfortunately, also did not find something in the error code explainations in the wiki[2]

 - could it be a BIOS limitation of my specific model and if so - how to explain it?

 - if the workaround is to have the wedges dk0/dk1 start in sector 63 - what effect does this have on the alignment? (I had read that an offset of 2048 is favorable).

Actually, my third question is cleared so far. According to [1] having an offset of 63 is not desirable at all. So I guess using this offset to work around the boot issues is not a good idea.

So the key to the issue might still be to find out what the @'s mean :-/ I would also be very thankful if someone could review my installation procedure (see initial mail) in case I missed some important step, or did something strange which results in arbitrary results depending on the actual hardware configuration.

Kind regards
Matthias

[1] https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/Partition_Alignment_detailed_explanation