Re: LTO support

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 10:39:04 +0200 (CEST)
Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> > [...] I recall seeing a lot of very cheap fibre channel
> > drives when I looked, they could be problematic because you
> > need a FC hba and fibre to make them go and I don't think
> > NetBSD has any FC drivers.
>
> Some of the cards supported by the mpt(4) driver have FC
> interfaces, listed in the man page are 1 and 2Gbit/s cards.
> I've no practical experience with the combination of tapes and
> FC, though.

Same with the isp driver, it supports a few FC cards. No clue about
speeds and I never used FC myself, the last tape drive I used was a
DDS2 streamer, back when you could still buy DAT cartridges at the
computer store.
Plain old SCSI or SAS is probably the least problematic solution.

have fun
Michael