Re: Scripting for /bin/ksh

Thanks for the link, Lewis. I have never seen this site. I DID find a
book in PDF format
regarding /bin/ksh programming.

My new problem is testing user rank/id.

I want to see if the user is "root"

if (user != root), then print message and die.

This is easy in PERL; I have not done it in /bin/ksh.
I would also like it to execute this test before running the borg command and
spitting out junk...